Has it really been one year since my last blog post?
When I titled that last post ‘Speechless’ I didn’t imagine that I would actually become speechless in this space for a whole year.
So what happened?
I think there are a number of reasons that could account for my absence:
- I’ve been busy (but aren’t we all?)
- There are already so many voices and opinions out there…why bother adding to the sea of instant and endless online chatter?
- I finished my PhD and started my postdoc – time crafting blog posts was replaced with time trying to write journal articles
- The fear of posting something that would be mis-interpreted or mis-represented – or serve as food for the trolls (…unlikely though since I tend to avoid controversy)
- I guess I’ve spent more time this year “micro-blogging” updates through Instagram
- I haven’t had anything new to say (ok…that one is definitely not the reason…)
I have been posting in this space for about 5 years, but never did get into a routine of posting weekly or monthly. I only added a post to share an update, a milestone, or a story that I thought might be interesting for those (few) who follow me.
So why post now?
I am working on finding my voice – on defining my research program and how to best express my passion for supporting pre-service and new teachers.
And I have a deadline – a big milestone – coming up: my “Inaugural Public Lecture!” (eek!)
So now I am preparing a speech, one year on from being speechless…
Feeling a little nervous already – but honoured that I will have this opportunity to publicly thank a number of colleagues for their help in getting my research to where it is today.