|summer— n 1. the warmest season of the year, between spring and autumn, astronomically from the June solstice to the September equinox in the N hemisphere and at the opposite time of year in the S hemisphere 2. the period of hot weather associated with the summer 3. a time of blossoming, greatest happiness, etc
-World English Dictionary (dictionary.com)
Although this summer hasn’t been defined by hot weather yet…I do agree with – a time of blossoming and great happiness, etc. My summer so far has been defined by activities such as:
- Analyzing qualitative data on pre-service teachers’ self-efficacy and stress
- Writing proposals for AERA
- Reading and writing about teacher self-efficacy and professional development
- Helping create an online presence for ACME: Alberta Consortium for Motivation and Emotion (stay tuned for more information!)
- Becoming familiar with Dr. Klassen‘s Motivation Research Lab!
- Taking an inventory of my research and teaching activities before I start the PhD program in September (…which has led to creating this website!)
- Being a tourist in my new city!
- Moving! I have been attending the U of A since January – but am finally unpacking
- Trying to get into a new exercise routine…
I hope you are enjoying a “time of blossoming and great happiness” this summer!